The library is located at the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, Grantham.
Due to the recent move of IOM3 the Library is currently available on a restricted basis only following the move of IOM3 HQ to new premises on Euston Road London. If you need to consult the library, please contact Steve Akhurst on 01234 772654 or firstname.lastname@example.org Details on more amenable access will be posted here as soon as possible.
For your benefit, and that of other users, please read what is written below before accessing the library index.
The catalogue comprises the main lending library in alphabetical order of authorsí surname, a reserve collection list and an anonymous authorship list plus a number of supplementary lists of journals, conferences, monographs etc. All the items are arranged on the shelves in strict order as per the catalogues. Please leave any items removed from the shelves for the Librarian to replace.
The shelves of the library are very deep which enables the content to be doubled. In the front is to be found the main library available for loan. Behind are the other parts of the library as detailed in the separate lists. These latter are available for consultation and many for borrowing. However, as the front line of books needs to be disturbed for access, please contact the librarian before acting.
On exiting the lift, the shelves immediately to the front hold excess library stock. Shelves in the nearest stack to the right hold a boxed archive of material on the Dunlop Company. Further to the right the library comprises two double-sided stacks on either side of the desk. The left-hand stack contains all the books in the main library. The stacks to the right of the desk hold the reserve collection (not for loan), the anonymous material and the oversize books (marked O/S in the catalogues). Also, there is material relating to the activities of the PI, IRI and PIRI. All stacks are labeled.
At the end of each stack is a set of shelves in which a stock of material relating to the PHS journal, Plastiquarian, is kept.
- Access details will be posted here as soon as possible.
- Visitors may consult any item. When necessary the use of the Membersí Business Room located in the basement may be required.
- Photocopies can be supplied subject to copyright regulations.
- Loans are only available to PHS and IOM3 members residing in the United Kingdom, subject to the librarianís approval. Periodicals, certain designated works and books in poor physical condition will normally be available only for perusal.
- The library welcomes donations of books, papers and artifacts. The PHS reserves the right to deal with donated items as it deems appropriate.